Kinesis SafariSack 1.4 (Black / No Fill)
The SafariSack™ has been in production for over ten years. It has been duplicated by others, but as they say, “copying is the best form of flattery.” We offer a choice of fill: polyethylene beads are the most stable, but heavier than the buckwheat hulls. For lenses up to 200mm, the buckwheat is adequate. The ends
The SafariSack™ has been in production for over ten years. It has been duplicated by others, but as they say, “copying is the best form of flattery.”
We offer a choice of fill: polyethylene beads are the most stable, but heavier than the buckwheat hulls. For lenses up to 200mm, the buckwheat is adequate. The ends are slightly rounded for easier handling. D-rings on the ends for carrying over the shoulder with a shoulder strap (# Y215 is adjustable, unpadded & 1″ / 25 mm wide). With the sewn-in strap, it can be securely fastened to the rack on the top of a Land Rover which is common on safari…or your own mini-van or SUV! If you want a longer strap, get the # Y208. You can add sand or pebbles to use as a ballast to stabilize a tripod or light stand in the wind. We recommend the use of an optional liner for sand (large ZipLoc) or choose the R425 SafariSack II for a simpler, less expensive ballast bag; use the R106 water bladder with it.
Flat dimensions: 7.9 x 11″ (20 x 28 cm)
Empty weight: 2.9 oz. (84 g)
Recommended fill volume: 85 cu in or 1.5 qts. (1.4 liters)
Black Empty SKU # R144-K or UPC # 680474822539
Khaki Epmty SKU # R144-H or UPC # 680474822522
Black Poly SKU # R146-K or UPC # 680474822577
Khaki Poly SKU # R146-H or UPC # 680474822560
Black Buck. SKU # R145-K or UPC # 680474822546
Khaki Buck. SKU # R1456-H or UPC # 680474822546
- DESIGN-This rugged bean bag is for supporting a DSLR, mirrorless or video camera on a vehicle, car window, chair, table, tree limb, fence post or on the ground. It is quicker to use than a tripod. The bag has a zippered compartment-filler, such as polyethylene beads, buckwheat hulls, rice, beans etc. can added w/o the need for a liner.
- MODES OF USE-It can used in two modes: 1) camera support or 2) ballast mode-hang it on a tripod or light stand to stabilize in the wind or when using super-telephoto lenses. It is also for supporting a rife at the range.
- BUILD QUALITY-It is constructed of a combination of durable 400-denier and 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabrics. We don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like many imports!). Additionally, the bottom has a rubberized-type fabric that keeps the sack in place when placed on a vehicle or other slick surface. It is double stitched throughout and reinforced at the webbing junction points.
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL-When traveling abroad take the empty version and fill it locally with rice, beans or bird seed. Then, upon completion of the shoot, dump the contents, returning home with an empty, compact bag.
- Designed & Crafted in the USA